• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FAL bayonet question

Colts4me

BANNED
BANNED
FALaholic #
Years ago CTD was selling FAL bayonets in a leather knife sheath and I bought one.

While looking at pictures it seems the same one is used by England and Canada.

Is there any marks or stamps that can tell me what I have?

fend56

FALaholic #
Yes, there are several markings and stamps you can check to identify the origin of your FAL bayonet. Here's what to look for:

British L1A1 bayonets: These bayonets are typically marked with a British Broad Arrow marking, along with a letter code that indicates the manufacturer. Common letter codes include "B" for BSA, "E" for Enfield, and "R" for Radcliffe.

Canadian C1 bayonets: Canadian bayonets are usually marked with a Canadian Broad Arrow marking and a "C" prefix in the serial number. They may also have additional markings indicating the manufacturer, such as "Long Branch" or "Diemaco."

Belgian FAL bayonets: Belgian bayonets are often marked with a Belgian "ELG" proof mark and a serial number that begins with a letter code indicating the year of manufacture. By checking for these markings and stamps, you should be able to determine whether your bayonet is British, Canadian, Belgian, or from another country.