• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Anyone ever see a non import marked STG58 on a type 3 receiver?

Mrsass74

FALaholic #
I saw a STG58 with no import marks or any markings on the receiver besides just a serial number. Type 3 receiver. Anyone see a steyr like this before? Scrubbed receiver reserialized?

Attachments:

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I would need more pics to be sure, but I think it's a wiped Century import L1A1 Sporter receiver (IMBEL) with the serial number moved or changed

a few things
Steyer didn't make any semi-autos
A full auto without markings is contraband
That serial number is in the CAI import IMBEL range, but in the incorrect location.

Here's one of my wiped type 3s

The Pars serial number is still in its correct location on the mag well, I just added to the left side as well. Changing a serial number would make it contraband.

fal-imbel-bz11157-02.jpg fal-imbel-bz11157-03.jpg

Last edited:

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
It’s a semiauto receiver cut for a charging folding handle. My money is on PMF on an armscorp 80% that’s why I asked to see the lug
Or any of the tens of thousands of CAI import IMBELs with that cut. Probably has the tabbed receiver cover cut as well.

Since the auction house will not honestly display the product, I wouldn't bid at all. Questions on whether something is contraband are not unreasonable.

TraFALgar

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
If you save that pic of the LHS mag well and tinker with it in a photo editor (contrast, tint, etc), there seems to be a barely perceptible import date in the mag well (2004?). That would lean toward a scrubbed IMBEL. Or maybe I'm halucinating. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

ActionYobbo

FALaholic #
I might be wrong here but by my observations of imbel receivers I think this is not a typical imbel cut on the front of the receiver. See my pic. Where the extractor relief is on the inside the imbel has the raised portion going all the way forward but the auction gun is cut like the one in my picture

Attachments: