• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Red dot mounts

Potshot

FALaholic #
Gents, need some advice on red dot mount. I have a slide where the (Novak) dovetail in the wrong place and was just going to mill it out for a red dot mount. Any advice for mounts (or red dots for that matter)? Would like one with a rear sight so I can use a sight on the front (slide is correctly at front dovetail).

Didn't realize the slide was wrong until I lapped slide to frame and built the damn gun. If the replacement slide can't be properly fit/lapped/whatever I'll try to make it work with a red dot setup.

fal762

FALaholic #
Don't remember where I saw it but on some SHOT Show coverage I saw where a company is putting a rear sight on any RDS. The sight sits where the attachment screws are. They come with longer screws so the replacement sight sits on the RDS giving a co-witness.
Also saw on another SHOT Show video where the RDS has a sight built into it on the forward portion of the RDS. IIRC it was one of the big names in RDSs on this one. Don't remember who though.