• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Polymer 80

ByronF

FALaholic #
Somebody here posted about cutting down the grip of a police trade-in G22 (as I recall) to take G23 mags (I think). I suppose a fellow could similarity chop a G19/23 to G26/27 size and achieve what you seek. Don’t know how it would feel though. As cheap as trade-in G22 pistols are a fellow could make a G27LL (double L;)). I know I really like my G19 &23 for both OWB and IWB carry and don’t feel the G26 I have now or the G27 I sold offered enough in the way of “smallness” to justify the smaller grip. I just can’t get a good “grab” on the G26/27 pistol out of the holster and always feel like I am juggling or adjusting it in my hand. Sorry for the thread drift, don’t know nuttin about the Poly80.
Not sure if it was my post but I did that very thing. Have a G23, wasnt interested in stocking two types of mags. I also then did some work to the G23 grip. Theyre just things, no emotional hangup over originality or resale. I'd post photos but... image hosting.

Gazz

FALaholic #
Had a friend who is mechanically challenged build one with just a Dremel tool and used higher end aftermarket parts to complete it. It ran perfectly from the get go and he also uses it in three gun matches. After hearing that and seeing it, I would consider building one and I am not a Glock fan.

the gman

FALaholic #
I bought a P80 frame (earlier, more blocky model) a couple years ago from Brownells on sale, think I paid $80 IIRC. Never did a damn thing with it because while I like the grip angle compared to standard Glocks, it was too squared off so sold it a few months ago to a buddy who was tired of building AR's and wanted a challenge.

I've bought a couple frames from 308shooter and put this one together for my wife for Christmas. Frame was I think $80, slide was less than $150 from TR Enabling, barrel from Bear Creek around $45, rest of the parts were around $75. I'm in it for $325 or so. As an FFL, I could buy a new 19 for around $450 so I'm saving $125. Plus, I got to put it together which was fun and, in the butchered words of Johnny Cash, "I built it one piece at a time..." :biggrin::biggrin:

Next up is a G22 frame I got for cheap... :uhoh:

AFeod

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I’ve been really thinking about building one up in .45 acp. Never owned a glock, but finding out that I enjoy building just as much, if not more than shooting.

Keep the comments and personal experiences coming...

Hammer1

FALaholic #
I've built a 19L and a 17. Really was pretty easy. On the rails I just used a box cutter and just scored the rails several times until I could snap them off. Grinding them off would be a mess and pia. Dremel works good on the channel.

Bawana jim

FALaholic #
Last edited:

Zeusizme

FALaholic #
Poly 80’s require a drill, maybe a dremel and an IQ of around 81 to finish. It seems parts prices are coming down but the market is flooded with substandard no name parts so buyer beware.
With all of the FFL shops stripping new Gen3 glocks for parts kits you can pick up a factory frame cheap if you look. I snagged a G26 frame for $20 about 7 months ago.

If you have access to a mill you can finish a frame in no time. Build hint, use a ball endmill for the channel.

base704

Vampire Pilot
Contributor
FALaholic #
Any recent word on Polymer 80 the company?
Last I heard the alphabet boys stopped by and cleaned ‘em out.
Anything on the outcome of that visit?

Gator Monroe

FALaholic #
Built two V2 Full Size RIMFIRE rigs ( we can’t get the Glock 44 in Ca.) in black with Tactical Solutions Conversion 22LR Glock 17-22 Slides . Then built a Full size V2 9 MM using a Lone Wolf “ Alpha Wolf “ stainless OEM Glock serrated Slide ( Glock clone “Raiders” Engraved ) & Lone wolf Stainless / Polished Barrel , Apex Fail resistant non LCI extractor ,Cross Armory Stainless Silver Dimpled pins Silver Bullet Extended Slide release & Silver extended Mag release , Silver Slide release .All those rigs use Strike industries Magwell and OEM Glock guts in the serialized Frames .

Last edited:

Gator Monroe

FALaholic #
Any recent word on Polymer 80 the company?
Last I heard the alphabet boys stopped by and cleaned ‘em out.
Anything on the outcome of that visit?
They were chastised for selling the Complete “ Kits” and as far as I know production is still ongoing ( they sell complete pistols through FFLs and the 80% Frame kits are still selling . The landscape on the horizon ( Midsommar ) is going to change , new laws will most likely have them adapt with complete pistols and highly specialized options or if they re invent the wheel they may offer something new & exciting