• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

New Hi Power

Glucker

FALaholic #
Glad to see this, hopefully they're actually made here and not just assembled/finished here like so many things are. I wonder if the sight dovetails will accommodate Meprolights like the recent FNH imported ones do.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I might get a pretty Hi Power someday.

My real Hi Power is already damaged.

It’s a an FN, with foreign proofmarks and US importer defacement.

Pretty sure it came from France at some point. Looks like it was used for drop-training. I read somewhere that Belgium is near France. Not that I'll ever go there. But there it is.

Here's from the drop-testing.
BHP muzzle ding 1.JPG

And here's from me bashing that damn trigger pin out so I could throw-away that fucking magazine disconnect.
Punch only "skipped" a little bit. Mushroomed the head of the trigger pin a bit too. But that cleaned up good with the Dremel. That circle sort of mark above the pin is where the brass punch pretty much exploded from me whanging on it with a two-pound hammer. That punch is shorter now. The "apostrophe" leading from the scene of the crime is either a "burnout" or a "skid-mark" - depending on your perspective. I like to think burnout. Even if it is just a peg-leg burnout.

idiot scratch.jpg

She looks pretty good from ten feet away though.
I put different grips on it because I hate the OEM plastic grips with the rooster-tail swoopy angle thing that sticks out at the top.
bhp-right (large).jpg

As received. $411 shipped from AIM some years ago. With rooster-tail swoopy grips. Little did that brass punch through the trigger guard know the abuse it would receive working that trigger pin. That punch is shorter now.
BHP with hang tag.jpg

Cool proofmarks. --- Somebody set us up the bomb....
BHP barrel proofmark right.JPG

Not cool import proofmark. Where's my sandpaper and Birchwood Casey touch-up pen?
BHP reimport mark.JPG

I guess it shoots OK at realistic pistol-shooting distance. All my groups with every pistol I ever shot are down there at 7 o-clock. I bet I'd shoot the new Springfield Armory gun to the same place on the target. If I ever gotta shoot at a bad guy, I'll just plan to aim at his left shoulder. Or is that his right shoulder? Oh fuck it. I'll aim at him where he's biggest. Should be a bad day for him.
13shots15feetRem.jpg

Last edited:

whisky_n_hot_dogs

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Interesting,,, but15rd mag ?
They managed to get an extra round in the same size as the original 14rd mags or these take a new springfield proprietary mag ?
More than likely a redesigned follower and spring. Mec-Gar makes extra capacity magazines for Sig P-series that are flush fit 18 rounds (3+ over factory). Surely they can do it with Hi Power magazines.

yovinny

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
More than likely a redesigned follower and spring. Mec-Gar makes extra capacity magazines for Sig P-series that are flush fit 18 rounds (3+ over factory). Surely they can do it with Hi Power magazines.
It was really a rhetorical question... Something for those considering one.
That dosent include me,,, Ive more HP's then I can keep track of,, and probably more then a good shoebox full worth of mags.. Original mags that is,, you know, the ones with a 90yr track record of working properly...
Let me know when the new redesigned ones can say likewise.... ;)

Trooper894

FALaholic #
It was really a rhetorical question... Something for those considering one.
That dosent include me,,, Ive more HP's then I can keep track of,, and probably more then a good shoebox full worth of mags.. Original mags that is,, you know, the ones with a 90yr track record of working properly...
Let me know when the new redesigned ones can say likewise.... ;)
The 15rd Mec-gar HP mags have been around for a long time and they work perfectly in all of my HP's of different vintages.

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Awhile back I sold a pristine, unfired HiPower, with the adjustable sights in high polish blue for about $1k.
Too nice a gun for me.

This appears to be "right" for use.

lew

FALaholic #
The 15rd Mec-gar HP mags have been around for a long time and they work perfectly in all of my HP's of different vintages.
I've never had a feed issue with Mec-Gar 15 or 20's. I have had failures to feed with original mags with replacement springs.

If SAI releases a Detective version, I'm on it. Supposedly, the frame is US-made.

TerryN

FALaholic #
Once the initial market frenzy dies down and prices for these drop down to MSRP (or below), I plan to buy one. I figure that will be about the time we get a Republican back in the White House. How long has the Springfield Ronin been on the market? They are just now beginning to be readily available at or below MSRP. Many dealers are still foisting them at $1.1-1.2K. I expect that the demand for this new HP will keep the price north of $1K for some time.

ETA: I've been using the Mec-Gar 15-round mags for several years with complete satisfaction. Their 10-round BHP mags, on the other hand, are less than stellar.

Last edited:

1911Ron

FALaholic #
I've never had a feed issue with Mec-Gar 15 or 20's. I have had failures to feed with original mags with replacement springs.

If SAI releases a Detective version, I'm on it. Supposedly, the frame is US-made.
I concur whole hearted. I found this for you to drool over.

JAB75

Safety Detector
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I want one so I can keep my Belgian 1974 Classic in the safe.

James at TFB has a great review on YouTube...he claims that the SA 35 is better than the P35 :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I shoot my Izzy and the Argentine one, sure wish I'd bought the "detective top half",,, keep the Practical model BHP in the safe, would be nice to have a new made one, to shoot and carry, but damn, the "extra" price tag, will make my "wants" take a backseat to practical applications, as in,,,,,,way too damn much for a clone, even a great clone as this one seems to be.

When they begin to hit the "used" market, then add one.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I called my LGS, talked to my contact there, told him "I want one". He replied "We all do". Smart ass. I asked him to put me on the list. Who knows what the price will be.

SmokeEater2

Silver Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
Damn it! I don't own a single Hi-Power despite wanting one all my life. :cry:

This might remedy that travesty if they ever get enough of them to market.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Damn it! I don't own a single Hi-Power despite wanting one all my life. :cry:

This might remedy that travesty if they ever get enough of them to market.
Don’t wait brother!

Bust that nut while you’re still hard. They won’t let you have it once you’re down. Plenty shooter-grade Hi-Powers out there. Get the safe queen later.