• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

KNS Anti rotation pins in my Woo

sharky47

FALaholic #
Hey guys, been wanting to pick up a Daewoo for some time now and a really nice DR200 dropped into my lap.

I made a set of pins that mimicked the layout of the KNS AR15 anti rotation kit, and then used one of their kits for the rest of the parts. Of course it fit just fine as the gun has the same geometry where it matters, next is to try and fit a CMC or similar drop in cassette trigger assembly. Only thing I was worried about was if the fencing was too close to the hammer pin like some of the non-standard AR lowers. You can see that there is plenty of room for the forward "knuckle" of the side plate.

I already have the updated grip and plan on machining the lower to accept a folding mech/proper stock (I am 07/02), maybe even SBR it.

IMG_6761.JPG

Icer

FALaholic #
Since you're an 07/02 you really should just go ahead and turn it into a postie... ;)
I've tried to find internal pics of a factory full auto K-2 lower but haven't come across any yet. I'd like to see what the sear looks like and where the trip on the bolt is located.
Good idea on chopping the barrel, they are overgassed from the factory and benefit greatly from a barrel trim. Going all the way down to 14.5" seems to have no adverse effects on functioning.
Haven't seen anyone else try a cassette style trigger assembly in a Daewoo so please report back on whether it works. Both my Daewoo's have Geissele triggers installed and I highly recommend them.

sharky47

FALaholic #
Since you're an 07/02 you really should just go ahead and turn it into a postie... ;)
I've tried to find internal pics of a factory full auto K-2 lower but haven't come across any yet. I'd like to see what the sear looks like and where the trip on the bolt is located.
Good idea on chopping the barrel, they are overgassed from the factory and benefit greatly from a barrel trim. Going all the way down to 14.5" seems to have no adverse effects on functioning.
Haven't seen anyone else try a cassette style trigger assembly in a Daewoo so please report back on whether it works. Both my Daewoo's have Geissele triggers installed and I highly recommend them.

You know, I thought about it - but I really want to keep this one......maybe I'll make a lower from scratch and make that a disposable MG lower for it.

I was doing some mock-ups on it the other day and I think a 14.5 pinned and welded Dead Air mount of some sort is actually the most efficient way to get what I actually want with minimal regulatory cost. Keep from having to fab/mod the gas system shorter and keeps it at a very practical length for the cartridge. I will make a new core with a faster twist, but I think I'll keep everything else the same on the gas block location. A Forward Controls bird cage mount would be just fine up there and keep the cold-war vibe going.

Last edited:

Icer

FALaholic #
If you haven't already head on over to Stormwerkz and see what accessories he's got available for the Daewoo's. Lots of well thought out and nicely machined parts to mod your DR-200.
May save you some time...unless you've got the time and just enjoy the challenge which I certainly understand.
14.5" p&w'ed is a great length and avoids extra paperwork...I'm just not a fan of pinning and welding so I went 16" with a Gemtech Bi-lock on mine.
If you're thinking about going with a faster twist barrel a member here had a run of 1 in 7" barrels done and may still have some available. Should be a thread on it here.
Here's a pic of my mildly modded DR-200...
20210101_125614_resized.jpg

sharky47

FALaholic #
If you haven't already head on over to Stormwerkz and see what accessories he's got available for the Daewoo's. Lots of well thought out and nicely machined parts to mod your DR-200.
May save you some time...unless you've got the time and just enjoy the challenge which I certainly understand.
14.5" p&w'ed is a great length and avoids extra paperwork...I'm just not a fan of pinning and welding so I went 16" with a Gemtech Bi-lock on mine.
If you're thinking about going with a faster twist barrel a member here had a run of 1 in 7" barrels done and may still have some available. Should be a thread on it here.
Here's a pic of my mildly modded DR-200...

Looks great!

Yup - know about Stormwerkz, grabbed a low-rise proper pic rail from them. The stock adapters are great if you don't have a machine shop, I'd rather properly jailbreak mine on the mill - but just because it's fun for me.

I'm with you on not P&W if you don't have to, but I'm pretty much invested into Dead Air mounts - even have my SDN6 converted to it - so I won't loose any sleep over it.

On barrels - I make my own, again - because it's fun - probably doing to dimple this one to give it some extra flair.

That's a clean looking HG, who made that?

QAA

FALaholic #
Dunno, never seen one - but it's not hard to figure out how to make one of your own design.

If someone has any pics, I'd love to see them.
Might be another cool way to do a full auto ar15 trigger. Making a full auto ar with a daewoo auto trip would be a great beacuse you can but not beacuse you should

Icer

FALaholic #
Looks great!

Yup - know about Stormwerkz, grabbed a low-rise proper pic rail from them. The stock adapters are great if you don't have a machine shop, I'd rather properly jailbreak mine on the mill - but just because it's fun for me.

I'm with you on not P&W if you don't have to, but I'm pretty much invested into Dead Air mounts - even have my SDN6 converted to it - so I won't loose any sleep over it.

On barrels - I make my own, again - because it's fun - probably doing to dimple this one to give it some extra flair.

I know what it's like to be invested in a suppressor mount...I've been running Gemtech's since the 90's and have more bi-loks than I can count.
Great that you can make your own barrels, really opens up the possibilities for modding some of these older rifles.
The handguard is from Aimsportsinc.
Not the highest quality, but serviceable. I still haven't figured out an adequate way to attach it to the barrel or gas tube up front. Need to make up some sort of attachment point for the mounting screw. Requires removing the front sling swivel.
It does give you some maglok attachment points and a rail up top though.

https://www.aimsportsinc.com/fn-fal-m-lok-handguard-w-universal-picatinny-top/

K2Grip

FALaholic #
Looks great!

If you're making a barrel, would you be willing to make an extra? I'm looking to get a new barrel with a faster twist rate and I'd be willing to pay for it

QAA

FALaholic #
Or any info about how you are making your barrels. I'd love to change out mine stuck with the 1 in 12 twist. I'm scared of messing up the unobtainable barrel extension

sharky47

FALaholic #
I was going to do what everyone else does and mod an AR extension, machine the shoulder into the barrel blank.

Problem is, I'm out of blanks at this point so I'm kinda stuck.