• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

I'll never learn my lesson - bought ANOTHER 1911

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
*fact checkers welcome here!

Hold your mouth open whilst firing.

Equalize the pressure wave and save your ear drums.

*this is important when launching forty five caliber hand artillery!

I actually have to do this to get proper head pressure on the stock when shooting the 1903.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Now that my movie fantasy collection is coming together, I might need to see about getting that rusty Russell Arms Damascus double-gun back from my nephew.

IMG_9944.jpeg IMG_9947.jpeg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I can stop buying .45’s any time now.

IMG_9948.jpeg

I thought I was so slick,… got a high bid lodged on this.

Before I realized the fuckers are charging $50 shipping for a fucking pistol. That’s gonna end up costing MORE than if I’d bought one of the same used models from AIM.

Dammit.

I hope someone outbids me at the end. But kind of doubting it since the delivered amount is gonna be north of $330.

At least this one has lots of pics. So condition is at least a sure thing. Nobody’s Texas driver’s license number dremeled onto the barrel that I can see.

IMG_9580.jpeg

ExCdnSoldierInTx

Don’t California my Texas!
Contributor
FALaholic #
Gunbroker buy, so I'll have to wait a week or so for it to show up.

I went with the TISAS gun.

Price seems very appealing in these trying times.

Moreover, I ordered the NINE MILLIMETER "Commander" version.

Nice looking wood grips and a "cerakote" type finish that seems to look a lot like the old-school parkerized finish.
No billboard lawyer-fuck bullshit on it.
My understanding is that TISAS is a Turkish company, and the gun is imported by SDS imports. But all the pics I'm seeking show simply "Knoxville TN," and don't mention anything about Turkey. Other markings are minimalist and not stupid.

I already know I won't be able to see the sights worth shit.
And I'll probably print shots low left like I do with most other pistols.
At least that's where the shots go when I USE the sights.
This configuration seems like a "use-of-sights-optional" kind of thing.
I'll be mostly just pointing.

And yes, I am well-aware that at least two members here, reported that they are having problems with the fucker throwing brass back in their face.
WHICH IS THE REASON WHY I GOT RID OF EVERY OTHER 1911 I EVER OWNED - WHICH WERE SEVERAL.
They all did it. Brass-To-The-Face.

Stoney is dealing with a Franken-1911 in 9mm

Powderdriver is dealing with a COLT in 9mm

Just what I need. ANOTHER 9mm. And a low-capacity one as it is.
But I refuse to get back into 45 ACP or any other "blow your lungs out" calibers that I'm not already deeply into.

I've never had a 9mm 1911.
Maybe I'll get lucky.

I considered just biting the bullet and getting the full-size 45 ACP version. To be more "manly."
Then I remembered how ridiculously heavy and bulky the full size 1911's were.
I'm sure this "smaller" 1911 will be heavier than a full-size Glock. Probably bigger too.
I've got a supply of 9mm ammo. Really can't afford to buy a whole bunch of 45 ACP ammo for an impulse buy.
And STORAGE of ammo. My situation is getting a little bit silly on amount of ammo stored. Rookie numbers I'm sure by some standards. But way more than the average gun-goof has.

I'm not supposed to buy any more guns.
Don't tell my wife.
Hoping I don't have to explain crescent-shaped gashes on my face. Again.

I really like the IDEA of the 1911-pattern gun for the nostalgia of it mainly I guess.
And 9 rounds of Hydra-Shoks should be effective if it became necessary to test the mettle of the thing.
Takes standard 9mm 1911-pattern mags they say.

And holsters. I'm not supposed to buy any more holsters either.

View attachment 249817
nice piece, mang. 9mm? I was gonna ask if it came with a supplied vagina to complete the itty bitty pistol scenario, but I’ll save that for another time in another place. 😂

Seriously though, a couple shooting buddies bought these, and are quite happy. I shot both, and they’re familiar yet different.
I absolutely laughed at the concept of a 1911 in 9mm, being that we had Browning’s HP, and all shapes and sizes on the basic CZ75, but I’m a believer and will be grabbing one myself soon enough. I’ll also have you know I had a grand total of ONE (1) 1911 when I came onboard here, and now I need an extra safe just for 1911s. SMH….

Personally, I was looking real hard lately at a DWX, but thank God they’re harder to find than hen’s teeth. I them started looking at Staccato….
I need an intervention. That 2011 looks mighty appealing.

ExCdnSoldierInTx

Don’t California my Texas!
Contributor
FALaholic #
I’m not sure what’s worse, the odd round bouncing off my face with a 1911, or one case in every Mag going down the back of my shirt when I exercise a Luger.
When that happens, especially on a hot day, I do the psycho dance for a bit until I pull my shirttail out and it drops out the bottom.
Good thing I don’t wear a bra….

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
nice piece, mang. 9mm? I was gonna ask if it came with a supplied vagina to complete the itty bitty pistol scenario, but I’ll save that for another time in another place. 😂

Seriously though, a couple shooting buddies bought these, and are quite happy. I shot both, and they’re familiar yet different.
I absolutely laughed at the concept of a 1911 in 9mm, being that we had Browning’s HP, and all shapes and sizes on the basic CZ75, but I’m a believer and will be grabbing one myself soon enough. I’ll also have you know I had a grand total of ONE (1) 1911 when I came onboard here, and now I need an extra safe just for 1911s. SMH….

Personally, I was looking real hard lately at a DWX, but thank God they’re harder to find than hen’s teeth. I them started looking at Staccato….
I need an intervention. That 2011 looks mighty appealing.

You coulda bid on that 45 M&P if you wanted a double stack 45

Sure am glad some dumb-ass is willing to pay $380+ for that damn thing

IMG_9960.jpeg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Well damn.

I stay confused.

Looks like I did after all WIN this one.

And this is the one with $50 shipping.

Oh well.

Comes in within $20 over cost of the "same" thing at AIM
Maybe a bit better condition.

zz Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
WTF is a "4% loss cash discount"?
4% surcharge for use of credit card.

I’ll gladly pay $12 surcharge on a deal with a stranger to avoid sending a paper personal check in the US Mail, or heaven-forbid, schlep down to the Post Office for a Money Order, or to the bank for a Cashier’s Check. And which provides effective recourse instead of rectal intercourse if fuckery happens during the transaction.

I’ve been amazingly fortunate to avoid fuckery in these internet purchases. The only time I’ve been screwed was when some cunt demanded a refund for a set of 1973 baseball cards I sold on eBay. I literally posted front/back pictures of every single fucking card in the set, and after the cunt received the set, she had the audacity to demand a refund because some of the cards were not well-centered. No shit bitch! Like you couldn’t clearly see that from the well-presented pictures of every single card?!!!

Aside from the baseball cards, everything has been very smooth.

OK,… one other hiccup. Ordered an item from a member here. Offered electronic payment as alternative to Postal Money Order. Nope. He insisted on a money order. So I went and mailed one right away. Got several messages from him saying money order not received. Then after almost a month, got a very apologetic message stating the envelope with the money order WAS received. Found in a stack of - can you believe this shit - UNOPENED MAIL. Item was then promptly received, and in exactly the condition promised.

Marlin781

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Found something right up your alley Gary. A custom 16 inch 1911 barrel! Better yet the GB seller here once told me the FalFiles is "a dumpster fire full of guys who saw a few Forgotten Weapons videos and think they know about guns." You and him should hit it off great!

Story

FALaholic #

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Found something right up your alley Gary. A custom 16 inch 1911 barrel! Better yet the GB seller here once told me the FalFiles is "a dumpster fire full of guys who saw a few Forgotten Weapons videos and think they know about guns." You and him should hit it off great!

My side-gig specializes in dumpsters!

Can I get an extendo magazine with that? Maybe a wire stock too?

spider991

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Well damn.

I stay confused.

Looks like I did after all WIN this one.

And this is the one with $50 shipping.

Oh well.

Comes in within $20 over cost of the "same" thing at AIM
Maybe a bit better condition.

View attachment 339537
I did the same dam thing bidding on some 10 guage shotgun shells, then I looked at the 50$ shipping and +4% credit card fees....that just cut all the "decent deal" out of it

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
So I pick up the $50 shipping debacle gun.

Turns out it’s the COMPACT model. Seller said nothing about that. 8 shots instead of 10. I suppose I should have “picked up on it”by the shape of the magazine baseplate in the pic.

I really had no idea S&W made two versions of the 1.0 version, both with the same 4” barrel, but compact version with shorter grip.

Kinda like getting a Thai ladyboy hooker, and not finding out about it until post-Shangri-La. Only this one is cleaner than the “regular” size one. And I think I kinda like it. I mean if nobody knows, nobody has to know. Right?

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I’m several guns deep now into guns I haven’t shot yet.

So I skipped shooting rifle today, and I just called the firing line instead.

After the rifle match I shot a little pistol at 25 yards. I still suck. But not as bad as previous attempts.

Here with the billboard-sights TISAS:

IMG_0478.jpeg

And here with the 686:

IMG_0479.jpeg