• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Does this pistol look blued to you?

JoeLad

FALaholic #
Below is my Norinco 1911. To me it looks Parkerized. The original box it came in is plainly marked "blue".

Is this a case of an unknowing importer, or am I wrong about the finish?

owlcreekok

FALaholic #
I say it's parked. I would also opine that the celestial wielding the pen didn't do english too good in skewl.

More from the "you didn't ask for all this" department, what's up with the "Safari Supply" on that there pistol ?

JoeLad

FALaholic #
Safari Supply Inc. was the importer. Is it big enough for ya?
What you can't see in the pics is "Ont. CA" after the Safari Supply.
I've seen other Norinco 1911s with "S.S.I. Ont. CA" stamped on the frame.

I might just have to buy one of them. :biggrin:

Last edited:

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
It could possibly be blued. Just not polished before hand. If you blast a gun, then hot blue it, the results would be very much like that. Hot salts blueing is also an oxidizing process. So you have to start with a very high polish to achieve that deep, slick colour/texture. Blasting before blueing just results in a matte finish that has no rust resistant properties. It will hold oil better that high gloss. And it won't reflect light.

Lowell

wolfsburgbob

2 down, ... and 1 to go!
FALaholic #
L Haney said:
It could possibly be blued. Just not polished before hand. If you blast a gun, then hot blue it, the results would be very much like that. Hot salts blueing is also an oxidizing process. So you have to start with a very high polish to achieve that deep, slick colour/texture. Blasting before blueing just results in a matte finish that has no rust resistant properties. It will hold oil better that high gloss. And it won't reflect light.

Lowell
+1