• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Colt Commercial

gunner1911

FALaholic #
I have a Colt with a C prefix serial # that has Policia de la Capital on the slide. Any definite information about this guns origin? Value? Thanks.:skull:

D P Six

FALaholic #
Check out 1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > USGI
Argentine Colts and Sistemas. The following would probably apply to your gun.
"HARTFORD BUENOS AIRES POLICE MODELS

A batch of 5,320 Hartford Colts were made in 1933 and issued to the Buenos Aires Police Department, and are known as the “Policia de la Capital” pistols. The first order was placed that year through a private arms dealer. Police pistols show the fit and finish typical of pre-war Colts, and are blued with commercial markings. The police pistols are serial numbered within the C165000 through C171000 range.

The pistols have Colt markings, with POLICIA DE LA CAPITAL and /or POLICIA FEDERAL on the slides. On the right sides of the frames is marked, “Government Model” over the serial numbers. The tops of the slides are marked with property numbers, 1 – 5,320."
My understanding is many of these originally blued guns have been parkerised. I don't know if a blued Argentinian gun is worth more or less than a standard Colt Commercial.

gunner1911

FALaholic #
My gun does fall within this serial # range, and is marked on the barrel and slide with a property # also. I am going to check out the sight you referenced to try and find out more about this particular pistol. Thanks!!