• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Cimarron 1911s?

lew

FALaholic #
Are Cimarron's 1911s any good?

I've got my eye one. Looks reasonably historically-accurate, and I like the fact that it's not an -A1 pattern (which will be a subsequent purchase).

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
According to the website, Cimarron Arms has contracted with Armscor to make their 1911. So, Armscor, Rock Island, either are good to go.

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Righteous. I'll take a look at the Taylor, but Cimarron's looks like a solid purchase.

Thanks!
The Cimarron is really nice looking with the roll marks on the slide and, an actual 1911 frame cut. I didn’t realize anyone was doing a production run of that pattern. Cool!

lew

FALaholic #
The Cimarron is really nice looking with the roll marks on the slide and, an actual 1911 frame cut. I didn’t realize anyone was doing a production run of that pattern. Cool!
The Taylor's looked great until I saw that billboard on the left rear of the slide.

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
The Taylor's looked great until I saw that billboard on the left rear of the slide.
It’s your choice of course but, were I in the market for another 1911 of that style, I would lean towards the Cimarron. It has more of an original 1911 look. Put a flat base mag in and, replace the thumb safety and it has the look.

lew

FALaholic #
It’s your choice of course but, were I in the market for another 1911 of that style, I would lean towards the Cimarron. It has more of an original 1911 look. Put a flat base mag in and, replace the thumb safety and it has the look.
You and I are reading from the same sheet, mon ami.(y)

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
You and I are reading from the same sheet, mon ami.(y)
EGW has one in blue and, being EGW, it’s a good thing. Especially if re-parked to match. I used one on an A1 build about a year ago and, it actually “dropped in” without any lug fitting at all. It had firm contact that I just worked in with some lithium grease and, it’s solid and smooth. Maybe coincidence but, it’s as likely the EGW qc also.
Fusion used to make those but, I don’t see them listed anywhere. Good luck with your choice, I’m rooting for the Cimarron. 😎

lew

FALaholic #
EGW has one in blue and, being EGW, it’s a good thing. Especially if re-parked to match. I used one on an A1 build about a year ago and, it actually “dropped in” without any lug fitting at all. It had firm contact that I just worked in with some lithium grease and, it’s solid and smooth. Maybe coincidence but, it’s as likely the EGW qc also.
Fusion used to make those but, I don’t see them listed anywhere. Good luck with your choice, I’m rooting for the Cimarron. 😎
That looks like it'll do the job. Me being me, I'd probably leave it blued so it doesn't match the rest of the pistol. And yes, EGW= great stuff.

Relic0

BANNED
BANNED
FALaholic #
Perhaps I should not reply since I don't have first-hand information on Cimarron. I have, however, owned several Rock Island .45s and can vouch that they will function flawlessly. They may be inexpensive but they are not cheap.

lew

FALaholic #
Perhaps I should not reply since I don't have first-hand information on Cimarron. I have, however, owned several Rock Island .45s and can vouch that they will function flawlessly. They may be inexpensive but they are not cheap.
My brother had an RIA in 10mm. Great shooter and very well-machined.