• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Chip Mcormick mag problem (fixed)

Eeben

FALaholic #
I have some Chip McCormick Power 10+ mags. One follower design locks up just fine in my gun on a full mag the other I believe newer design does not seat when the slide is in battery. I mean there is zero way to make it seat unless the slide is locked back. Anyone else experience this?

The top one is good design, bottom is bad

20211004_134302.jpg 20211004_134253.jpg

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Take out those funky followers and replace them with Shooting Star followers, problem solved. I used a stack of five CM 10 round mags through my entire USPSA career and never had a single bit of problem. Replaced the springs after a few thousand rounds simply on principle.
I always found Wilson mags over rated, being twice as expensive at the time. YMMV.

rowjimmy

Purveyor of Truth
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
An irrelevant piece of anecdotal evidence, but my Kimber 1911 would malfunction with CM's with the shooting star follower (and new springs.) The pistol is 100% with Wilson Combat mags.

Many other 1911 shooters I know rave about CM mags. 🤷‍♂️

Wildcat

FALaholic #
The top follower is on a mag purchased pre wilson buyout. So I believe the bottom follower is a wilson design
The top follower looks like ones that can have an issue of pitching forward if they were not used with a properly formed spring or if the mag was reassembled carelessly. (I use 8-rounders with a similar follower)

In your second pic, the structure on the front of the follower is intended to prevent the follower from tilting.

Your problem could be the follower is running into stacked spring coils instead of the spring properly nesting into the follower when the mag is fully loaded.

TerryN

FALaholic #
An irrelevant piece of anecdotal evidence, but my Kimber 1911 would malfunction with CM's with the shooting star follower (and new springs.) The pistol is 100% with Wilson Combat mags.

Many other 1911 shooters I know rave about CM mags. 🤷‍♂️
I had a similar experience. The CMC Shooting Star mags turned my dead-nuts reliable 1911 into a jam-o-matic. I replaced the followers with Wilson Combat followers, and the problem went away.

Eeben

FALaholic #
100 rounds through the new (old style) spring and follower with no issues. If anyone wants my new (new style) follower and spring I'll send it to you for free, just PM me.