• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Brownells 1911 frame

NSWEIntern

FALaholic #
Hey, any guys here have experience building on a brownells gov 1911 frame? If so are they good to go; any QC issues or anything like that which hindered parts fitment at all?Was really eyeing nighthawk but doesn’t look like they’ll be in sock any time soon. Thanks

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
No experience with them as with my luck would be on par with the old Essex frames. I generally just shop around for some mix master complete pistol when need a frame and any parts that come off go in spare parts boxes. Starting with a new frame should ensure its not been messed with but I have done well with donor guns.

There is one certain brand whenever I see a slide or frame mismatched with another brand will buy and strip down to its factory correct parts. Eventually am able to match a proper slide to proper frame with mostly original parts thus restoring another rare 1911 to its original glory. Sometimes have three frames and no slides then will slowly find my frames and then find myself with frames and hunting slides.

As many USGI issue Colts I butchered when they were cheap using to build IPSC pistols figure I owe all the Randall 1911 half breeds can find and mate them with as many Randall parts possible to convert them back to Randall pattern pistols is my penance. Anyone spots a 1911 with Randall slide or frame point me to it as buy if the money makes sense to someday reunite it with the other proper Randall parts I do so but never sell or represent a reunited pistol as factory original. Have my fair share of proper factory Randalls.