• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Another Friday night drinking thread - I hate IPA, tastes like shit, take it away

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Possibly my favorite video at my age. It does hit a bit too close to home.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
These threads always need a little class. ;)

<iframe width="699" height="393" src="
" title="Conway Twitty - Slow Hand 1983" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cotter

FALaholic #

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
IPAs are what your graduate to when you grow up and decide Miller Lite and Bud Lite just don't do it for you any more...

Meanwhile, up north:

Last edited:

TerryN

FALaholic #
Life is too short to drink lite beer. Or IPAs. I have tasted one, possibly two that were tolerable under the circumstances. I much prefer ambers, lagers, and stouts.

jdowney

FALaholic #
I drink everything from PBR to the thickest, blackest stout out there. Except IPA's and those nasty Wit shit beers (like Blue Moon). Those are the wine cooler of beers.

A nice rye to go with the stout is a good plan too. Green label Evan Williams goes with the PBR :D

Tak

FALaholic #
Tried an IPA once. I describe it as.... you know how your wife has that little dusty wicker basket with some kind of potpourri shit in it on a shelf in the bathroom? Take that whole thing, distill it's essence into a beer, and there you go.

Just awful.

lew

FALaholic #
They taste like dishwater.
I thought we were friends acquaintances. ☹

I was never an IPA fan until I moved to Satan's Anus, USA. An IPA with both G&T and iced tea backers is perfect for those days hot enough to melt the deg's bollocks to the patio.

Finished a Mass (stein) of Bell's Two Hearted and have moved on to a glass of Winchester rye. If you want a rye that is sweeter and less fiery, this is it. Almost approaching bourbon.

Ironhandjohn

FALaholic #

I liked IPAs, wittebiers, stouts, pilsners, etc. back when I was a drinkin’ man. I’ve been sober four years now and won’t ever go back to that life… but I’d be a liar if I said that I didn’t sometimes miss it.